LOCATION: Burlington, Iowa, USA
OLD USE: Library
NEW USE: Museum
The building had long served as the Burlington Public Library. It was originally built in 1898.
The Des Moines County Historical Society took ownership of the public library and began full renovations in order to expand their museum collections.
The renovations included new heating and air conditioning, updated lighting, collection storage and creative exhibit galleries. Helping to commemorate and promote the history of the county, the adapted building will serve the needs of the community for years to come. It now includes an interactive map room, military gallery, the Bart Howard Room (faux nightclub), the 19th Century Gallery, a children’s exhibit, the Agricultural Gallery, and the 20th Century Gallery.